News:

Welcome to the new forum!  We hope you like the improvements!

Main Menu

Fall Team Practice Schedule

Started by Steve, September 01, 2005, 02:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hello Team FDA,
This is just to catch you all up on the fall details.  We will begin our fall schedule this Saturday.  We are still on hold for the UofM, but we are hopeful for Tuesday nights, for vaulting, running, and lifting there.  For now, we will keep training at St Thomas (UST) and St John's (SJU).  Each UST ID can bring a guest into the weightroom--we will need all you alums to at least bring your old ID in case they question the non-alums.  I think we have (5) IDs between us, now that I am a student.  This will only matter for a short time, until even our guests are recognized as regulars.  

For now, this is the way it stands:
Sun (UST) 12noon, running and lifting (outdoors for as long as possible, 1pm if bad weather)
Mon jog on your own
Tue (UST) 5:30pm, running and lifting
Wed (UST) 5:30pm, running and lifting
Thu jog on your own
Fri off
Sat (SJU) vaulting, running, high bar, and PIZZA & BEER AFTER

The SJU football home-game schedule is below:  
Sept. 17 Carleton Collegeville 1 p.m.
Oct. 1 Hamline (Homecoming) Collegeville 1 p.m.
Oct. 22 Augsburg (Family Weekend) Collegeville 1 p.m.
Oct. 29 St. Olaf Collegeville 1 p.m.

On these weekends, we will not be able to get into the fieldhouse until 5:30pm pm later.  On these days, I suggest meeting at my house in Crystal at 4:30 and carpooling from there--gas prices being what they are.

When SJU has away games--we can go when we want.  In the past, our team members have typically chosen to vault earlier (like 1pm), so Saturday evening is available for family and social festivities.  Again, carpooling should be obvious.  So we should all talk to find preferences and reach an agreement.

Until we get into the UofM, we will bring the poles up to SJU and leave them there--so on-going pole-transportation should not be necessary.

To go higher, sometimes just takes another attempt--without any changes.  Usually it take an additional (or improved) investment of time and effort.  Ready to re-load for Indoors?

Call me if you have questions or suggestions.
Talk to you soon

Steve White
Flight Deck Athletics, owner
(763) 458-2932
steve@flightdeckathletics.com