News:

Welcome to the new forum!  We hope you like the improvements!

Main Menu

March 18th Jumping at Saint John's

Started by phegel, March 06, 2006, 04:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phegel

Hello All,

In the MIAC, we're looking at 4 weeks now before our first outdoor meet, so I wanted to set up a "mock meet" up at Saint John's the weekend of March 18th and 19th. I'd love for any of you wonderful FlightDeck people to come up and play with us. Kyle - I wouldn't mind seeing your vaulters again either. Let me know which day works better for people. I work on the morning of Saturday the 18th, so that day would have to be in the afternoon. Sunday I'll have to check and see what time baseball uses the facilities so we could work around that.

Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone a preliminary heads up and feel out what works best for all of you. Let me know what you think.
Patrick Hegel
Norfolk State University Pole Vault
Norfolk, VA

Chris

Saturday afternoon would work for me.  Sunday morning only though.  If you want I could maybe get the AHS seniors up there if it won't violate any rules.  I doubt it would since it would just be a "practice".
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach

phegel

I just realized that that weekend is going to be tough for me actually. I guess I didn't check my calendar very well before posting my announcement. Sunday is definitely out. Saturday is a possibility, but I have to see if I can move some things around.

I apologize for being "that guy". I'll keep you posted with updates when I know more.
Patrick Hegel
Norfolk, VA

Steve

I'm in for Saturday
--Caroline will be coaching in Egypt so she wont be there

Gary's 'za after????

White
Steve White
Flight Deck Athletics, owner
(763) 458-2932
steve@flightdeckathletics.com

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Steffen

--Caroline will be coaching in Egypt so she wont be there

Steve what is she doing there ?
(monica) Fill me in!

I am pretty sure Caroline is flying to coach the U girls on their spring break meet.  

Monica who? [:p]
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach

Steve

"Egypt" n. of or pertaining to a meet hell and gone away from where I will be located.  Common destination of Mrs. White between spring equinox and summer solstice.

"Jamie" n. gullible primate, invited to the Valley-o'Kings Open (not apple valley).

"Monica" n. dominant competitor, rarely seen in natural habitat, comes out a few times each year to wax all competitors.

"Milton" n. one who picks up puppy poop.

Steve White
(763) 458-2932

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

"Egypt" n. of or pertaining to a meet hell and gone away from where I will be located.  Common destination of Mrs. White between spring equinox and summer solstice.

"Jamie" n. gullible primate, invited to the Valley-o'Kings Open (not apple valley).

"Monica" n. dominant competitor, rarely seen in natural habitat, comes out a few times each year to wax all competitors.

"Milton" n. one who picks up puppy poop.

LMAO...Funniest thing EVER!!!
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach

phegel

Wow. I'm glad my attempts at getting something together this weekend could sparked so much geographical and metaphorical confusion. So, I still may have to work Saturday morning, but there's no reason the show can't go on without me. Here's the plan:

What: A fun-filled, high flying pole vault practice session. (We can decide on whether or not we want to run it meet style depending on how many people show up)

When: This Saturday, March 18th @ 10am

Where: Saint John's University fieldhouse

Why: Because I love this sport!

Who: All of you beautiful people.

Alright, there you have it. I hope to see many or you there, and I hope to join you in the air.

Patrick Hegel
Norfolk, VA

Steve

Pat--
skip work--rather, call in sick (burn through your sick days)
--if there is a tour...bring them to the fieldhouse.  Nothing would create a memory better than going back home telling others..."and then our tour guide started pole vaulting...well!"

za and bru after

Estabon
Steve White
(763) 458-2932

Chris

I'll see about bringing a few AHS kids.  We are getting the shaft with our track getting torn up and being kept out of the gym because of basketball so they will need the practice.
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach

phegel

Unfortunately I can't skip work. I'm on Saturday duty which means that I only have to work if someone schedules a Saturday visit. However, it also means that there is nobody else in the office to fall back on to take any visitors. It's sort of like I'm "on call" and it looks like we just had someone call today and schedule a visit, so it looks like I wont be able to jump. We'll see how it all pans out in the end.

Chris, as far as the Armstrong kids go, they can't come up. NCAA rules prohibit any high school athlete from participating in any collegiate practice. Sorry. I should probably retract my original invite of the UST vaulters as well. Apparently the rule actually prohibits any outside athletes from participating in the practice. Tim is okay with allowing club people because they are substitute/assistant coaches.
Patrick Hegel
Norfolk, VA

Kyle Cleven

Man, I am learning to dislike the NCAA more and more as I get older...
We ought to get rid of the NCAA and replace their rules with 4 simple ones

1. Consider the ATHLETES first
2. Be nice
3. Be honest
4. Play fairly

Pat..  thanks for the invite..  your idea for a "mock" meet follows all the rules above just fine :-).  Sorry dumb rules are getting in our way.  I would have recipricated with a mock meet of our own. It seems the NCAA steps on good intentions all the time.

Have you spoken with Peter, coach of Macalester recently ?  He actually had "dumb rule" issues regarding coaching both Mac and St.Kates at the same time.  He actually has to keep them completely seperate practice times in order to follow the "rules".

Thanks again anyway.
Kyle Cleven
Flight Deck Athletics
Pole Vault & Multi Events Coach
University Of St.Thomas
h (612) 801-5976
w (651) 962-5915

Chris

Kyle, glad to see you online!

Pat, no worries, All the kids have to work on Saturday anyways.  Oh well.  It would have been fun.
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach

Randall Delorian

It's been so long that I've seen you guys that I think I'll do something nice for ya. I'll make sure that none of you take last in your "mock" meet Saturday by participating myself. Now if I can just find my spikes. It's been so long since I've used them they're probably in a box with my bell-bottoms.

See at the Mc Feely Spectrum

Kimble (AKA- Randall Delorian....Stunt Driver)
Halla'

Steve

I'm leaving my house about 8:45
--who's with me...miltoid? KC? Larson? Moniwho? Jamison? Paully?
--I got room for (3), (4) if you sign a waiver

Randall, do you need any poles for HS?

10:00 Warm-ups
11:00 "meet" starts
1:00 go to Gary's and/or the La
--we should run multiple bars by 6"
--SJU has every peg available.
--we will have to take turns placing the bars, standards etc...unless patrick knows (2) workers???

Kyle--if you come work the meet, we will cover your lunch and beverages...

White

Steve White
(763) 458-2932