News:

Welcome to the new forum!  We hope you like the improvements!

Main Menu

Janet Anderson resigns as St. Olaf Women's Pole Vaulting Coach

Started by janet, November 05, 2012, 01:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janet

After nine years of life changing memories, talented/intelligent athletics, smiles, tears, inside jokes, National Championships, dirty diapers, funny stories, MIAC Conference meets, lost toy cars in long jump pits, lessons learned, and the excellence of the Ole spirit I am announcing my resignation as the St. Olaf Women’s Pole Vaulting coach. 
   I am grateful to my family especially my husband for supporting my decision every season to continue or not continue my passion for track and coaching.  I am thankful that we could make my coaching a family affair.  I am grateful to my pole vaulters for loving my sons and being the best athletes and people I could have ever asked for.  To my pole vaulter friends especially those associated with Flight Deck Athletics your consultation and support are irreplaceable.  To the current St. Olaf Women’s coach Andrea Gelle thank you for being flexible and supportive.  To the former St. Olaf head coach Chris Daymont you taught me the importance of having women coaches model to younger women how to balance our passions, love of family, "to do's" of family, and work life.  I would not have been able to coach without your determination to honor the special learning opportunities that occur when head coaches make it possible for women to coach after having children. 

What’s next for St. Olaf Pole Vault?  I am honored and excited to hand the baton to Amie Chamberlain (Fillmore) a former All-American Ole pole vaulter.  The Oles are in good hands.  (Watch out Tommies!)

What is next for me?
-Continue with my husband to raise our boys and grow our family.
-Continue to run my private counseling practice in Edina, MN where I work with all ages on issues from grief/loss, anxiety, depression and the “what the heck am I doing with my life moments.”
-Continue to offer pole vaulting and/or hurdling clinics.
-Continue to offer services to teams and/or individual athletes who need support on the mental/emotional aspect of competition and/or life.
-and I would consider any offers for coaching positions for this or future seasons. 

Thank you and I can always be reached at 612-598-1414.

Janet Anderson

Steve

Janet,
The MIAC meets will not be the same without you and your perpetual ability to extract the very best out of all whom you encounter and work.  No doubt, you will be missed at Olaf.  You grew that vault-program from its infancy to a powerhouse and hand off the program with an excellent vault coach and an excellent line of poles.

However, there is little chance that you will be free from coaching this spring; there will be plenty of high school programs that will attempt to get you on staff.  Most of these programs will be very flexible with respect to day/week and the duties of family.  Most high school programs pay more than the college programs; even though it is significantly fewer days and significantly less driving.  I think you are going to truly enjoy this next pole vault adventure.

Caroline and I look forward to working with you as you enter the next chapter of your coaching.

Oh, and Congrats to Amie!!!!!!!!!!

Steve White
Flight Deck Athletics, owner
(763) 458-2932
steve@flightdeckathletics.com

Chris

Janet, Good luck with you future pole vault related endeavors.  You had a great run and much success at Olaf.  If you need a reference, referral or want to discuss HS coaching please let me know.
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach