News:

Welcome to the new forum!  We hope you like the improvements!

Main Menu

Rental Procedure and Terms

Started by Steve, September 11, 2006, 04:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Rental Procedure / Terms

Changes for 2014

• All pole rentals, purchases, and buy-outs will be automated and paid by credit card
    • A coach can build a shopping cart and email it to an AD or bookkeeper to process payment (the AD/bookkeeper will have to create an account)---or the coach can pay and get reimbursed from the school---if the AD Pays, the coach still must go back and choose a pick-up date
    • Plan on a two-day window from orders being placed, to when the poles can be picked up (you will not be charged for those days)
    • I will utilize the unique barcode embedded in the pole for check-out and check-in of all poles--so it is critical that all grip tape is removed when poles are returned
    • All short term rentals are based on a percentage of the season price

Check out poles for rental or purchase

• Download and open the next pole calculator  Next Pole Calculator
    • Follow the instructions to learn what pole (most likely) you want / need next
    • Look on our Pole Inventory to see if the pole you want is available
    • Build your shopping cart and check-out

• Including--eSigning the rental contract and the liability waiver (if you damage a pole, you agree to buy it and if you get hurt, it's your fault)
    • Once your order is complete, you will get a confirmation email
    • I too will get an email telling me when when to put out your poles
    • EMAIL me if there are any problems

Picking-up the Poles--Returning the Poles
    • You come pick up the pole, at my house, on or after the arranged pick-up time (Directions to White's home)
    • When at the House

• the Third-Stall of my garage will be unlocked and able to be opened 12"
      • Your poles are on the floor of the garage
      • Confirm that they are the correct poles and free of damage
      • Tape the pole-tubes shut with your tape--bring tape
      • Secure the poles in or on your vehicle with your own ropes or bungee cords--bring ropes or bungee cords
      • Please close the garage door when you leave
    • Return the poles to the garage floor at the end of the season

Switching the poles you have rented
    • You can switch your rentals as you need (for $10, or the difference in rental prices, which ever is greater)
    • The exchange should be take care of with your shopping cart
    • You will receive an email confirmation of the exchange
    • I will receive an email telling em what poles to have out for you and when to have them ready for pick up

Other Details
    • We currently rent only in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, & Wisconsin; we do not ship rentals.
    • Prices are listed after each pole.
    • Rental can begin and end at any time.

• Short term rentals are 20 days or fewer
      • Season-long rentals are 21-91 days, but end June 9th, 2014
        • Extended Rentals (outside the MN HS Season) and off-season rentals are available
        • You agree to return the poles on or before Sunday June 9th (the day after the MN state meet)

• This is critical as we need the poles back in time for our summer camps

• I Full-Bend flex-test each pole, before and after renting, to test for potential breakage / failure.
        • If you need a pole that is already rented out, contact us.  We may be able to order a duplicate for you.

If you need to ask a question, please don't hesitate to call;
        Just have the pole calculator open and ready to go so I can refer to it as we talk

My Thoughts on Whether To Rent or to Buy

• If you can buy all the poles you need, call me and I will get you a great price with unmatched service

• Our in-stock poles, as well as our entire rental inventory is available for immediate purchase; price is listed
          • New poles we have to order, we sell for catalog price, with free or reduced shipping
          • We also sell poles for "buy 4, get the 5th free"
          • We NEVER sell "garbage flex poles" (poles that are so stiff that they should probably be labeled 5lbs heavier)
        • If you can't buy all of the poles you need, RENT

• We believe that absolutely nothing makes pole vault safer than having all the poles available
          • We believe renting poles is the most affordable way to always have the correct poles your athletes need
          • As your needs change, you can change poles (for $10, or for the difference in rental prices, which ever is greater)

My Opinion on the Advantages to Renting

• Renting multiple poles is a safer choice than buying just one pole
        • For the cost to buy (1) pole, you get (3) poles to use for the entire season.
        • Never again will the (1) pole you buy be too big in April, and too small in May
        • Never again will the (1) pole be too strong in bad weather, and too soft in good weather
        • Never again will the (1) pole you buy this season, not fit anyone next season
        • Rent (3) today; a warm-up pole, a competition pole, and a pole to PR on
        • Switch out one, or all of them, as you advance through the season
        • We can help make pole vault affordable, safe, and successful.
    [/list][/list]
    Steve White
    Flight Deck Athletics, owner
    (763) 458-2932
    steve@flightdeckathletics.com