News:

Welcome to the new forum!  We hope you like the improvements!

Main Menu

Some FDA announcements

Started by Steve, March 19, 2006, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

1st-Just a quick thanks to Patrick for setting up the vaulting yesterday at SJU--we had a blast!
also please pass on a big thanks to Tim Miles--Tim is always so welcoming to us open athletes jumping at his track.

2nd-The UofM has a one-day clinic that we are coaching at next saturday for HS athletes.  Last year it cost $25 dollars per athlete!  If any of you want to coach at it, I think you can jump during the one-hour break when the kids are eating lunch.  Call me about this, as obviously there is not time for 30 peaple to vault.  There are usually about 100 kids vaulting on two pits--very crowded

3rd-the rental calls are picking up.  Most calls are still inquiries (typical of first week).  Call me soon with your needs so you don't miss out.  All poles are accounted for and ready.  A couple schools are entertaining the idea of renting-only, not buying.  Call me if you have questions about this.

4th-we are planning on TWO street vaults this summer in August.  More details are coming.  I will try to get things in place for a couple other events as well.

5th-I will be placing a pole "calculator" on the site this week.  With it, coaches and athletes can type in a vaulter's weight, and the program will give you the ideal list of poles.  The most common question I answer..."I have a kid who weighs _____ and vaults about _____high, what pole should I buy/rent?"  This program will be a good starting point.  Other resources will be posted as well.

6th-Outdoor college meets begin in April, burrrrr.  Most April meets are open to us if we ask.  SJU in one of the best places to vault in April as they can move indoor if the weather really sucks--so hope for either perfect weather or rain/snow.  By early May the meets get big, then conference, then NCAAs--so May meets are rough to get into.  The USATF outdoor is Sunday after the MSHSL state meet, then the summer league.  I am attempting to have the USATF meets located at one track--so we don't have to set up a new site each week.

Any other announcements?

White

Steve White
Flight Deck Athletics, owner
(763) 458-2932
steve@flightdeckathletics.com

Steve

We are working out the details for a north-west side camp
--mostly we need a site as Armstrong is shut down to get Turf this summer.

we plan on YES having a camp up here though.

White
Steve White
(763) 458-2932

mllegatt

Steve-
A co-worker wants his girls to try pole vaulting, would the one-day clinic this weekend be a good chance to try for the first time? If so, where can I find more information? If not, I'll send him some information on your summer camps when you have it ready.
Thanks,
Michelle

Steve

Michelle
The U clinic is a good chance to try it as it doesn't cost much ($25 I think).  It is crowded for vault, but for the money, an excellent value.

white
Steve White
(763) 458-2932

Chris

On Saturday, Armstrong and Lakeville South have the fieldhouse after the U of M clicic for a time trial.  If anyone is going to the clinic stick around.  It would be nice to see you.  Katie and I should be there around 4-4:30.
Chris Milton
Eden Prairie HS PV Coach